Town Office 1915-1965
This building has a long varied history. Sometime during Rimbey's early years, it was built to be a
private residence. In 1915 the building was taken over by Mrs. W.S. Mellis, who had come to Rimbey to start a
high school so that local children would not have to travel all the way to Lacombe to finish their education.
Mrs. Mellis ran the school in the building for five years, after which the building was used as the Town Office.
A fire hall was added to the Town Office complex, and the police headquarters were established there as well.
The building was in use until 1965, when the town office and police headquarters were moved into the town’s old
post office building. This historic building was donated to the park and the town kept the fire hall portion to
be used for storage.
←Back to Main Historical Village