PasKaPoo Park Historical Museums

 

 parkyard

 

THE PARADE TRUCK

This truck is a 1934 IHC C-20 with a 4 cylinder Waukesh engin and a 4 speed transmission and single speed differential. It has a mechanical (cables and linkages) brake system and the electrical system has been updated to a 12 volt alternator for ease of running accessories. The truck was donated to the Rimbey Historical Society by Central Alberta Diesel and required many volunteer hours for the completion including: carpentry (to build the deck), welding (for the railings and frame work), mechanical work (for the running gear), Auto Body work (on the fenders and hood), sewing skills (for the top cover and sash), sand blasting and painting (for the frame), and varnishing (to finish the wood work). To help maintain the truck volunteers also sold advertising space. Many people were involved in the development of the truck and many more since have enjoyed its presence in several parades through out the central Alberta area.


   

BACK TO TRUCK MUSEUM MAIN PAGE

 

Other Points of Interest in the Smithson International Truck Museum: 

1912 Auto Wagon 1934 C-1 1938 D-2 1941 K-1 1948 KB-1 1951 L110
 1955 R110 1956 S100 1958 A100 1959 B100 1961 C110 1963 C1100
1965 D1100 1966 1100A 1967 1100B 1968 1100C 1970 1100D  1971 1010
1972 1110 1974 100 Police Car Parade Truck License Plates Vintage Photos